Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Vacation Part 3- Petoskey, MI

After our stop at Cross in the Woods we headed straight over to Mackenzie's apartment, which was absolutely beautiful! The windows in her living room overlooked the Little Traverse Bay.

Kenz's apartment was within walking distance of almost anything in Petoskey, so that's what we did! First we walked by the water and down the pier.
{Mackenzie & Brandon}
{Beautiful Condos & Apartments along the Bay}
{Leah squishing sand between her toes}
{Isn't this bridge beautiful? I love the architecture}
{River that leads into the Bay}
{I loved the contrast of the green vine and red door.}
 {Walking through the old Downtown}
 Now you're in for a real treat. That is, if you love historic homes as much as I do! I apologize that these pictures are all drive-bys, I couldn't get Brandon to go any slower! This community is absolutely picturesque, hidden among mature trees, and registered as a National Historic Landmark. Bay View (what a perfect name) is a small Victorian Village consisting of 2 Inns, almost 450 Victorian Cottages, and 30 Public Buildings, most built in the late 1800's.
{Map of the Bay View Area, via}
 {Terrace Inn, nestled in the middle of the Bay View Community}
 {I love the original windows in this house}
 {Nestled in the trees... huge hanging baskets!}
 {This house is my dream!!!! I love that porch!}
 {What about that porch}
{Cute yellow cottage on a hill}
 {Sorry this picture is so crooked, but I had to include it! Just look at those pillars! I'd love to be in one of those rocking chairs!}



Here are some additional photos from Bay View Associations Facebook page...




 The little community of Bay View even has its own Library....
 and Post Office!
The kids would love playing on these beaches all summer. And I would love sipping lemonade while rocking on one of those front porches! Such a beautiful place to spend your summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment