Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Thoughts on Good Friday

Today when I woke up I pondered the name of this day,
 Good Friday.
Image via

 This is suppose to be a somber day to reflect on what Jesus went through to save us from our sins. So it made me wonder why then, it would be called 'Good' when today we reflect on His death at the cross. But then it struck me, that we are not meant to dwell on Jesus' death, but instead look forward to what His death brought us. 

When we take the time this day to truly realize the agony and suffering that Jesus went through its enough to make you weep uncontrollably. I can't imagine being one of the disciples, not being able to fully understand what had happened and being stuck in that feeling of despair. I wouldn't know what move to make next. Those 3 days would seem like years. In that sense, I am soo thankful that on this GOOD Friday I know His death on the cross wasn't the end of the story. We can raise our heads and walk in victory this very day if we are a believer. God is greater than all evil and Jesus has overcome the world, so what is there to worry about? Why should we walk in shame or misery?
He Is Risen by Greg Olsen
 I've heard this story told before, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but this is how it goes. Martin Luther woke in the middle of the night and saw satan standing at the foot of his bed. Upon seeing the devil he replied " Oh its just you." and rolled over and fell back asleep. Hahaha I just love that story. It doesn't matter if it's true or not the point is that satan can mean nothing to us because he has already been defeated. Satan has no power over us if we live and believe in the Risen Lord. So let us celebrate this weekend that Jesus did not stay in the tomb, instead
HE IS RISEN! HE'S RISEN INDEED!

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for visiting ME!! :) I added a "follow by e-mail" button to my blog--I need to do a little spring cleaning soon!! He is risen indeed! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete