Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Early Spring in Rockford

So this weekend we went back to Grand Rapids... we just can't stay away! Actually we went to attended an event at Cornerstone University where Brandon will be going to next fall and it turned out to be a wonderful day! We had to be at the college at 8:30, which meant dropping the kids off at their Grandparents at 6am, which in turn meant I had no time to do my daily readings until we were on the road. As we were pulling into the school parking lot, I read aloud to Brandon from Psalm 118... and guess what little gem I found in there...

 22 The stone the builders rejected 
   has become the cornerstone; 
23 the LORD has done this, 
   and it is marvelous in our eyes. 
24 The LORD has done it this very day; 
   let us rejoice today and be glad.

I knew it was a word from God saying, "Keep up the good work kiddo! You're on the right track!" 

I looked in my husband's Concordance and it says that the word Cornerstone is only used 5 times in the NKJV..... 5 times in 2025 pages! The chances that I read this while we were pulling into the parking lot of CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY truly astonishes me. Pure Godsidence {meaning not a coincidence... but instead, knowing it was God's perfect timing} if you ask me!

After our visit to the school we headed a few miles north of Grand Rapids to the cutest little town, Rockford. The shops in town were quaint and homey, just what I like. 

Besides all the fun stores, the scenery was breathtaking. I know the pictures I took don't do the town justice cause it got a little cloudy out. The town is right on the Rouge River and boy was it a sight to see. There were fishermen galore and an occasional Salmon jumping out of the water, trying to head upstream.
{I know it's hard to tell but there's a Salmon jumping out of the water in this pic!}

And after a beautiful afternoon of shopping and sight seeing. we sat down at a fancy restaurant situated right on the river. Maybe that's why they named it Reds on the River? ;)
What a wonderful day! Thank you God!
{And thank you Nana and Papa for watching the kids! lol}

No comments:

Post a Comment